FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - General Observations on a recent trip.
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2010, 9:09 am
mike turnbull

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
This is from the AF site:

How to access Air France airport lounges

To enjoy one of the 530 Air France and SkyTeam airport lounges, you must:

* hold a La Première or Affaires class ticket on Air France flights,
* hold a Business class ticket on a SkyTeam international flight,
* hold a ticket for an AIR FRANCE, KLM, or SkyTeam flight and be a Flying Blue Gold or Platinum, SkyTeam Elite Plus, or Club 2000 member.

This is what I mean by these Alliances not working closely enough together....either they all sign off to the sames rules as one...or tell us straight, "We might be an Alliance, but we're not that clever to work closely enough for you travellers, so you'd better do your homework before you leave home, as it's too difficult for us to agree on anything......apart from sharing all revenues across the pond."
From the above, I gather that I should have been allowed in at any Delta lounge, whether travelling down the back or up the front, together with my PE card....seems simple enough to me. (This assumes of course that a) Delta are part of Sky Team, and b) assuming they are...then they have lounges available.) Yes or No ??
ps And how does one get a SkyTeam Elite Plus card, or is that just another name for the regular PE lifetime card ? (Another example of daftness...give everybody a SkyTeam card according to their level...forget all the individual programs.)