FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Someone took my friend's carry on bag. Any advice?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 7:22 am
dgcpaphd

Originally Posted by David5885

Trust me, the first thing I told my friend was about how he needs to do something to make his bag distinguishable from others. In the meantime it is not that I mind returning the other passenger's bag. It is just that given the fact that she was responsible for the entire situation I do not feel the need to go out of my way to get it to her. Perhaps the best thing to do is just return it to UA and let them deal with it? Like I said she will get her bag back because of my due dilligence in tracking her down immediately, and she could care less whether we ever find our bag. And who knows what she actually did with it without her providing details such as who she left it with, did she do anything to try and find out whose bag she took, did she set up some way to track it or get a reference number from the baggage claim people?
I can imagine how aggravating this situation must be.

One lesson to learn, however, is to take the advice of United with respect to name tags inside your bag.

If the woman who took your bag were to find your name and telephone number at the time she realized her mistake, she might have called you rather than take the bag to United.