FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A way to get Delta's attention re: award availability?
Old Mar 7, 2010, 5:32 pm
pmaddock

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by MShea74
SMI posted 3 days ago that an answer would be forthcoming this week regarding "low" availability and award calendar accuracy, functionality, and the ability to issue tickets at the actual mileage level displayed on the award calendar.

I honestly suggest that we give him until Friday to correct all of those issues, and if they are not corrected by Friday without any "babble-talk" idiocy such as "we are working on this and a solution is coming", then everybody take all steps to correct Delta on its continuing failure. That entails booking nothing for travel with them.
I'm sorry to say it appears that expectations probably weren't met. I've met SMI and I really think he means well but the real driver is deeply entrenched. I think it boils down to Revenue Management exercising extreme control with a very short term myopic mindset.

I think its time to ask any attorneys that might be reading here - is there any chance of floating a Class Action lawsuit against AMEX. Yes, I said Amex - not DL. DL has lots of T&C coverage and has some rather entrenched parties on this subject.

Amex is another matter - they actively promote the 'wonder' of getting a free flight for signing up for an Amex card. I think its possible to go after them on that basis on a class level. Would such an action win - questionable. However, banking is public enemy number 1 or 2 right now - they won't want the monkey on their back.

Just have a little fun with me - imagine a minion from Amex dispatched to Anderson's office to Atlanta. After making Anderson bow and kiss the ring or whatever wonderful image you care to plug in to make it darn clear who really has who on a leash - the minion lays into him. Probably gives him a speech about how Amex is into DL for lots of money based on those miles. Instead of being an asset for Amex this sort of thing makes DL and its miles a problem for Amex. Minion tells Anderson to make the problem go away. Anderson gives a nice 'yes master' and then slinks away and orders up a fix. Reactionary rage ensues, some metaphorical blood is spilled. At the very least we get a little 'satisfaction.'

Interesting notion don't you think?