FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta denies boarding based on fuzzy visa info
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:40 pm
Yaatri
Suspended

Originally Posted by brenkarch
I just spent about 50 minutes on the phone with corporate customer care in Atlanta. At first he was very nice and agreed to get me on a flight tomorrow, but the deeper he dug the more he defended Delta's actions. He was nicer but in the end he came around to the exact same conclusion as everyone else there. He claimed Delta does IDB for all pax with tickets more than 30 days return to Thailand w/o a visa. This is clearly bunk but I wish there were some way to prove it.

In the end he said my best bet was to completely rebook a new itinerary that showed a *Delta* or Delta partner flight out of Thailand within 30 days. I asked if it had to be the same itinerary. He said it would be safest to do that. Basically he punted me back to reservations and said I should restate my case there, and gave me no guarantee I wouldn't be denied again. Ugh.

The only concession was that he gave me vouchers to cover the $400 ($200 x 2 pax) lost on the cancellation fee. Cold comfort.

Any ideas how to proceed? Is there anyone higher up to talk to? He claimed the only way to escalate beyond him was in writing.
He fed you BS.
He just contradicted himself. If the statement that the Delta's decision to not allow anyone, with more than 30 days return ticket, without a visa eveb if they bought a separate ticket out of Thailand within 20 days, why will Delta allow you with another ticket purchased through Delta?