FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
View Single Post
Old Mar 5, 2010, 2:29 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
gave JPL a call and was told the deluxe room with sitting area is a higher category so I would have to pay the difference. $30 bucks a night extra.
I haven't checked the cert rules in awhile (because I never use the room upgrades since becoming FPC member). My understanding is that the room upgrade certificates entitle you to a guaranteed upgrade at time of reservation to the level of paid room. So for example, fairmont mountain view, to fairmont lakeview at LL.. or fairmont mountain view, to fairmont valleyview at BSH. So it must be that at JPL, the level of room that want to book, is preceded by the level of room that is $30 more than you originally booked (if FPC did indeed redeem you room upgrade cert). Apply room upgrade cert, and you get the Deluxe Room with Sitting Area.

Management often grant upgrades at check-in to higher categories.. its' just not guaranteed at time of reservation unless you pay for it.