FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta denies boarding based on fuzzy visa info
Old Mar 5, 2010, 11:46 am
soitgoes
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by waltinsocal
Hard to totally agree with you on this one. Originally, apparently the OP did not have an onward purchased ticket. An "itinerary" only is not going to cut it under any circumstances.
In these days of e-tickets, an itinerary/e-ticket receipt is all one has to show a booked flight (in this case a flight from Thailand to Malaysia).

Airlines can verify bookings in their systems if they need to, but e-ticket itinerary printouts are the norm.

EDIT: I missed the OP's follow-up that there was no purchased ticket.
I still think DL was in the wrong, but I'm a little less sympathetic. However, since the OP indicates that he/she was willing to pay for the ticket to have a purchased ticket, then I do think DL becomes wholly in the wrong again. The OP should have bought the ticket and then escalated.
Of course, a purchased ticket doesn't prove a whole lot, as refundable tickets can be refunded and no-shows can occur. A purchased ticket, though, does show the ability to finance a ticket, and that is something.

Last edited by soitgoes; Mar 5, 2010 at 11:51 am