FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta denies boarding based on fuzzy visa info
Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:50 am
brenkarch

Thanks for all the info!

Hi there!

This is the OP again ... I had no idea that this would generate so many replies so quickly! I checked back this morning expecting 1 or 2 replies. Thanks for all the helpful advice. I spent most of yesterday being disappointed and haven't got up the energy yet to fight back. But I will read carefully through these options and will try to let you know what happens!

To answer some questions: I had an onward itinerary, but I *didn't* actually have the flight paid for and booked (i.e. etkt #). Since Thai immigration doesn't care in 99.99% of cases, I figured I could do it from Bangkok. But I do have a smartphone. So standing there in line I went to the website and was about to purchase the ticket, to give the agent a valid etkt#. But the agent didn't care. He said that even a confirmed onward ticket wouldn't change a thing. Over 30 days = visa required, in his book.

Also, I was checking in at a small regional airport, Gainesville, FL. The itinerary was Gainesville - ATL - ICN - BKK. I seriously wonder if an ATL agent would have made the same mistake.

Again, I will read carefully through the postings and let you know what happens today!

Last edited by brenkarch; Mar 5, 2010 at 10:05 am