FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A way to get Delta's attention re: award availability?
Old Mar 5, 2010, 7:17 am
redtailshark
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by MShea74
Exceptionally good idea. Since status matching to CO PLT last November, I have been upgraded on all but two of my nearly forty CO flights. And, every time I have had someone flying with me to IAH, they have been upgraded with me as a PLT companion.

I have now been upgraded, roundtrip for next week's flights connecting in Cleveland, as well.

I have not yet used my DL DM status because I have no reservations with Delta, but for domestic and 2 international J roundtrips between now and May I am very heavily booked with CO...at least once per week.

I can guarantee everyone here that DL could not care less. Too bad for them.
This is all good service, yes. I haven't had as much ug luck as you, but I'm prepared to deal with that in exchange for all the other Star benefits.

But what's also driving these revenue bookings is the high imputed value of the OP mileage. The best experience is when we want to use those nicely accrued OP miles, we know that we can get good value for them without dealing with deceptive booking engines and numerous deliberate barriers to redemption.