FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Of Crew Power Trips and egalitarianism (US Airways purser)
Old Mar 4, 2010, 2:44 pm
SS255

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Unfortunately, when you are an airline passenger, you essentially forfeit all of your rights the minute you step onto the aircraft. If you are lucky, you will get a great flight crew. If not.......just keep (silently) repeating to yourself over and over again that a well-written complaint letter after-the-fact will ensure that any power-tripping FA will be........re-trained.

I once had an FA tell me that I could not keep my under-the-seat bag stowed under 21D (I was sitting on 22D on a 321), because 22D was an exit row seat, and it was a Federal Regulation. My bag was fully stowed, by the way. After dozens of times sitting in that very seat, I knew that she was wrong (or if she was correct, US and other airlines never enforce the regulation)........but I silently complied. The only reason why I did not report her after-the-fact is that at some point during the middle of the flight I went to the rear galley and we started chatting, and she was actually very nice. She got off easy that day!