FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK Control Tower - let the little kid direct traffic for a while day
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:25 am
Crazyhotelguy

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Captlegs
From a commercial pilot, instructor/examiner (of 40 years):
This is much ado about nothing! The child was clearly under DIRECT COMPETENT SUPERVISION.
Notice NOT ONE pilot objected nor asked for a repeat. They were even supportive!
Sure, let's punish the encouraging parent and psychologically screw up this eager kid for even attempting WHAT HE DID WELL! Bravo for this parent for allowing his kid to experience how real people earn a living.
Under no circumstance would I have objected to this communication had I been a participating pilot. Little fella, you've got a great possible future ahead!
FAA, lighten up for God's sake! Go dad, YOU ROCK! News media, how about going in search of a truly worthy story? Please don't try to distort reality to the more sane and intelligent folks.
The next time I'm flying there I will inquire what happened to the great young controller in training.
B. Y.
+1. It is obvious no one was in danger and the kid actually sounded like a natural.