FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priceline guests get a bad rap? How to fix?
Old Mar 1, 2010, 3:56 pm
ReconDoc

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
That's true as well - but that's also part of the reason why the $200 traveler is more understanding.

I still do not see this at all. Going back to my example of PL and Amsterdam bidding. There is one 4 star that shows up fairly often. The NH Amsterdam Centre (not the NH Amsterdam City Centre).

The reviews on TA are pretty much like night and day.

The fights with front desk people over whatever, the complaints about the small rooms, complaints about this and that and this and that. Its virtually 100% from full paying ($200+ a night) guests.

And more often than not the statement-----I paid to much for this room. (it is in fact a very nice hotel---I will attest to that having just spent two weeks there)

The PL guests and there are many are almost without exception happy campers. Delighted to have such a nice hotel. And if they do point out short comings its almost always followed with-----"but at the price I paid I cannot complain"

In this instance, and you can check the reviews for yourself, there is a relationship between being more understanding and price paid. But opposite of what you allege.

Doc