FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX251 HKG-LHR in F
View Single Post
Old Mar 1, 2010, 12:29 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Haven't flown the new CX F yet, but IME generally row 2 in a 747 F on any airline is my first choice if traveling alone.

All things being equal, I'd recommend the Wing over the Pier because the Wing has the nice views out the windows and a much more open feel to it, whereas the Pier is a level down and thus has no windows. But you might find that your gate is much closer to the Pier, so then it's your call on whether you want to walk the extra 15-20 (?) minutes form the Wing to your plane.

I'm sure the flight will be great, but one aspect that you might want to temper your expectations about is the food. Others who fly CX F regularly might well correct me on this, but the couple of times I've flown it (admittedly, the most recent a few years ago) and the many times I've flown CX J the food has been a bit disappointing. Not really bad, but not up to the standards of the FA service, seats, IFE, etc.

Regardless, have a great flight.

Last edited by Thunderroad; Mar 1, 2010 at 12:46 pm