FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Does C/NC Space Show For Domestic (non p.s.) UA Flights? [Merged]
Old Feb 28, 2010, 2:43 pm
mauiUAflyer

Programs: United Mileage Plus 1K 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
waitlisted NC for 2-cabin domestic flights?

I've got some flights coming up in May. I'm going OGG-SFO, spending the night, then SFO-BOS, with the return BOS-SFO-OGG.

I'm 'pending' OGG-SFO, and had a sponsored upgade waitlisted for NF for SFO-BOS and a second one BOS-SFO-OGG.

Two weeks ago, the return flights weren't showing waitlisted any more. I called, and they yanked a CR-1 from my pile, and it was waitlisted again. Last week the SFO-OGG segment cleared.

Today I checked, and saw all the waitlisted segments had gone. And worse, my confirmed seats had moved from Exit rows to E+ in one case and E- in another. But the aircraft are still 757s. My one cleared flight still showed as NF. No change on the pending flight either.

So I called, and she was able to restore my place on the waitlists. But now it shows I'm waitlisted for NC(!?!) When I go into seatmap it shows a plain vanilla (non-ps) 757 layout. Additionally, all the exit rows were empty, where they had not been before.

Is this just .bomb weirdness, or an impending equipment swap? I noticed a swap on the OGG-SFO leg after I had booked, from a 767 to a 777 (with my 21H seat now just another E+ seat, and not an exit row...).