FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA
Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:56 am
brasov02

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Red face

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
Like Glen Beck, simple answers for complex problems.
If you think using hard to earn CO miles, paying their fees and receiving their service is a better deal, go ahead. It's your tea party.
That's just it. For some of us, or for me anyway, the problem isn't that complex. Basically, if you're like me and don't have a lot of spare cash for travel to Europe, BA miles are one of the last options. They could give me a million mile-sign up bonus but it still wouldn't change the fact that I would end up shelling out a much larger percentage of my limited travel cash using them than I would others. Therefore it was actually pretty easy for me to say thanks but no thanks to this latest "most lucrative bonus ever."
On the other hand, if you have any interest in traveling to most any other place than Europe then you would have been pretty silly to let this one go by if you had the chance to snap it up.
So that's my party and I'll cry if I want to. Cry if I want to. Cry if I want to.
(Dang it. Why can I not get any of those emoticons to show up on my messages? I just get a url address. I was going for the green one that's smiling with raised eyebrows as if he's apologizing for being clueless or something to that effect.)