FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Point-beyond Ticketing -- Who has been caught--Is it Worth it?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:19 am
vitira

Programs: UA 2P. Former DL FO in the Golden Age of Mileage Runs
Originally Posted by SamuelS
And one final point - informing a GA or SkyClub rep that you've had a change of plans and can they uncheck you from the flight and cancel the segment - this will not only be appreciated by the staff instead of 'searching' for a 'missing passenger' at the end of boarding - but it will also further reduce the likelihood of any red flags.
So I'm doing this in a few weeks. I assume if I go to the connecting gate and get in line it would be easiest? It'll be early in the morning but I don't really mind, I'll be a wreck from the short redeye (unless I grab an UG—day after easter so there are a lot of non FFs so it's possible). But I have a few questions if you (or anyone else) could help:

1. I've done this twice in the last three years (but with different departure points). I've flown those routes several other times without this. I assume this shouldn't raise any red flags then?
2. When I talk to the GA, should I tell them what I am doing, or should I make up an excuse? (Meeting in [destination city] got canceled and I'm just getting off here, for example. Another carrier competes on that route and I could be flying them back.)
3. I assume that I should only do this in person with the GA, right? Definitely not call (it would be easier, as I could go straight to the train station and not have to wander the terminal). I want to fly below the radar, right?
4. Assuming I do go to the GA, any idea what they'll do to show that I had legit not boarded that flight?
5. At least once the miles for the segment not flown actually posted—is it worth taking a bit of a chance for a chance at a few extra EQM?

Thanks much.