FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Day in the Life of a FOM
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:46 pm
hamptoninnsider

Programs: HHonors
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
You guys are terrific!

What is a DOS though?

Also, as Hilton is the only chain that actually forces its members to print out (and remember to bring!) a reward cert, what happens to the piece of paper afterwards? In this day and age you guys actually have to snail them back to corporate?

I've never run across the situation, but if there were too much garbage for the in-room trash cans, I would not leave stuff in the hall.
DOS = Director of Sales

As for the certificate, we don't need it. There is a reward # and a 4 digit code that we use at Hamptons that is printed on the certificate. It's usually included in the comment box on the reservation. For the handful of times it's not we just need to see the certificate or email to get that info. If all else fails and you don't have either, we can submit a request to Hilton for it.

All the information regarding your reservation, including those 2 codes are entered into an online form for reimbursement. The few certificates we are given are stuffed into an envelope, put into storage and never seen again.

Regarding the trash, I don't mind if people put it into the hall (though we do have trash cans on each floor), just a phone call letting me know would be nice so I can go get it. I walk the floors usually a few times each night but there's always a chance the trash will be put out right after I leave the floor. It could then be awhile before I get to it and it just looks and smells bad.