FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Difference between Gold and Diamond" thread
Old Feb 25, 2010, 5:10 pm
cblaisd
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jabez
As a long time Diamond (usually have my 28 stays in the first 3 or 4 months each year) I feel HH really is "ignoring" its very best customers. Not only should diamonds get more, but they should consider an even higher level.
Having said this, the idea that HH would read these posts and then act on them concerns me more than pleases me.

Nothing in the current ownership/buisness plan leads me to believe that HH would add more benefits rather than subtract them. From the recent point devaluations to NOR1 upgrades, and then to the new seemingly intensive scrutiny of the "MY WAY" benefits at check-in, I am convinced that HH would use this to further minimize its program.

If they added a higher level, odds are all others would be devalued. If they made a larger gap in services between Diamond and Gold, the Gold members would suffer.

While I am in agreement with the sentiments here, I shudder to think what would happen if the current Hilton management team got ahold of them.

With a simple consolation prize of a free night coupon,woosh no more exec. floors for Golds, breakfasts only for Diamonds, etc.
I think this is very, very well put.

At the same time, I'm pretty sure that there is Hilton management lurking here.

And, fwiw, babies dying of diarrhea from lack of clean water, say, is "outrageous," but the devaluation of points for privileged folks who get to travel and stay in hotels (which, unlike the daily situation of over one billion people in the world, have toilets) is annoying and frustrating.

But it's not "outrageous."

IMO.