FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott
View Single Post
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:53 am
freeflyin

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Delta3MM
The Marriott Waikiki is very "business like" in it's upgrade program. Plats usually (depending on availability) get upgraded to an "ocean view" room, but not suites. I have on every visit. You can then upgrade to a suite, but at a cost of $$ per night.

The JW also upgrades, but there you might get a suite, but again, depends on availability. I've had better luck there when there was something wrong with the room - like air conditioner or almost anything else you can find. Their solution to room problems is to fix it or move you up to a better category room.

The Waikiki one is more like a normal room - the rooms in the JW are huge to start off with. however, as the other poster has said, it's really more of a choice of being isolated 45 min from Waikiki or being on the edge of downtown.

If you stay downtown, you can do without a car. You could do that at the JW, but you'd have to eat on property which is expensive. And both places charge an arm and a leg for parking. I like the JW very much, but often I stay in Waikiki because it's less expensive and many more food options.

Billy
Any chance you can compare from experience Marriott Waikiki as a Plat and Hilton Hawaiian Village as a Gold?