FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thai Airways Domestic flights - worth flying Business or not?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:55 am
Londonjetsetter

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tanyam99
We will be on holiday Dec 2010 in Thailand and will be taking a number of short internal flights: Phuket to Chaing Mai; Chaing Mai to Bangkok etc. Is it worth spending the extra money on Business fares on Thai or is it - frankly - not worth this additional spend domestically? I am looking at a fare difference btw Economy and Business of only about 8,000 bhat for 3 domestic flights for 3 pax. My husband is tall so if there is a considerably better seat pitch in Business then it'd be worth it... If however it is like BA Economy and Club Europe I'm not convinced it's worth shelling out for!
Also, what about Thai Airways Business BKK to Singapore? It is cheaper to fly Business on Thai than Economy on Singapore Air. I don't know either of these airlines at all - other than by general reputation (BA through and through !
Any advice greatly appreciated.
I think business class is worth the premium. Sometimes Thai fly 747's from Bangkok to Phuket, so you end up in the nose of the plane with a very large seat.

Singapore Airlines is overall, IMHO, better than Thai, but Thai business class between Singapore and Bangkok will certainly be better than Singapore Airlines economy class.