FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Clarification on AAdvantage 20 Partners...
Old May 11, 2001, 10:46 am
travelour

Hi,
I overlooked this topic earlier and posted a message about this promotion, so i apologize for being repetitive.

Okay, my question is about AOL Advantage partners involved in this promotion. If you look at the list provided at aa.com, it lists partners such as BMG and sharperimage.com as partners involved in this program. my question is "what about partners like spiegel and carparts.com which are also AOL Advantage partners?"
The wording under the terms of the offer at aa.com specifically state:

"AAdvantage partner mileage transactions include posted mileage from any company offering AAdvantage mileage."

So according to the list you'd think that you would receive 2 credits if you purchased something at sharperimage.com and through BMG. but what about carparts.com? even though they're not listed on "the list", according to the terms of the offer, they should count.

for clarification, i contacted AAdvantage Customer Service. After some research was conducted by AA on this promotion, they told me that you receive one credit for each different type of code posted to your account. For example, Petsmart.com and Spiegel have the same codes, whereas fogdog.com has another code. So if you bought something from those three retailers, you would only receive credit for two. Now, what i find problematic is we have no idea of clearly knowing which AOL Advantage partner we would get a separate credit for and which we wouldn't.