FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - But is anyone at DL HQ really listening?
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2010, 11:16 pm
MikeMpls
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Originally Posted by DLBeno
There is a lot truth to this. I know many employees whom used to post here to assist where they could, but a few things occurred:

1. The entire tone and demeanor of the conversation has became very negative on this section of FT and, to be honest, what employee of the company that everyone is bashing wants to come here and read, let alone assist. We try to do the best we can outside of this venue dealing with thousands and thousands of customers everyday, not the 100-150 voices who generally complain about everything DL related. When you think about it, the FT Greek chorus is a very, very, very small percentage of the total Medallion customer base--maybe less than .01% Does DL really think that .01% is indicative statistically of the whole? Probably not.

2. The new social media policy has indeed made everyone more aware of what they say, how they say what they say, and if they even say anything anymore--at least those of us whom have identified ourselves as employees on this forum. I am sure there are some others on here whom are employees but have not made themselves known as such and can get away with a bit more.

3. Alot of what we receive internally about SM and other programs are basically distilled pieces of PR for the employee--not much different than what customers receive. Operationally, statistics are statistics. I can look at those all day long, come here and post some truthful information/stats and still get berated.

So, in the end, I have met some very interesting and good DL customers through FT and I continue to help them in any way that I can because I know that they know that I am doing my job the best I can.

Unfortunately, I do not think you will see much participation from rank and file DL employees on FT anymore. SMI, and Jeff and others might post here but it is because there job is to do so. Ours is hopefully to make your travel experience the best that it can possibly be.
Thanks for the candid feedback... it's disappointing to see it come to this though. Can't express to the fullest exactly how much this post disappoints me.
If you're upset with the "negative tone and demeanor of the conversation", you need to address the source of that negativity -- Delta Air Lines management. I doubt that very many are inclined to stifle their disappointment just to hear happy thoughts from a few Delta employees.

The frustration expressed in here is the culmination of the latest blunder coupled with frustration (over a period of years for some people) with Jeff's hit & run style of posting and past deceptions. Only Delta managment can address this, and it appears the frustrations are now bubbling up outside of FlyerTalk as well.

If the folks at Delta HQ don't listen, in time they will pay a big penalty. It took three years for the sLUT debacle to play out, culminating in the reversal of all the unpopular changes and the departures of Leo Mullin & Rob Borden. We've only just begun.