FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:41 am
DealDetective

Originally Posted by soonerfanatic
My last 2 Diamond suite upgrade requests have been denied due to no availability. Loss? maybe, maybe not. Dilution? yes in my opinion. Since I already have my 15 stays / nights for this year, this makes it easy for me to redirect my business and requalify Hilton Diamond.

Bad business move Hyatt.
Just called Diamond line and was rudely told the enrollment date for TPL09 cannot be backdated. So previous stays will not qualify, meaning I need 10 stays of my 15 already earned to retain Diamond the "official" way, which is less than the 15 required for this promo......nice going Hyatt.

Even more reason for me take advantage of the Hilton promo right now.....
I am still learning how to play this game.
I'm not sure whether you are more concerned about dilution of the Diamond status, or about getting your own CZ. I view Hyatt's promotions over the past 6 months or so as very generous and providing us a variety of ways to earn both free nights and status. If you want to "play the game," you could have made those 15 stays in January to give you 7 FFNs and Diamond through 2/2012. Since, it appears you didn't, you have new options. You can play Hilton's game of 4 stays get one night free until 3/31 while waiting for Hyatt's next free night promotion. Then you can use those remaining 10 stays needed for Diamond through 2/2012 to earn 5 FFNs.

I don't think I'd be in such a rush to sign up for this fast track promotion. I would wait until 7/1 (or whenever they start a new FFN promotion, if sooner) to maximize the possibility of FFNs during the 180 day qualifying period.

Every time you play a game, you make choices. Those choices will affect the outcome. I wouldn't focus on what other people may be getting, but whether I am happy with the results yielded by my own choices.