FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thought on closing Early Returns account
View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2010, 7:47 am
N810FR

Programs: LH Miles & More, F9 Early Returns
Originally Posted by azstar
What's the point? You now have an opportunity to accrue miles on Midwest Airlines, in addition to Frontier, and you can get 1.25 pcnt or 1.50 percent more miles if you buy the slightly upgraded tickets. If you reach Summit/Ascent status you are entitled to the "Stretch" seats for no additional charge, so it seems like you'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face if you cancelled your account.
The fact of the matter is, flying Midwest (dba Republic) isn't comparable to the flight experience on Frontier. Sure you could accrue miles on Midwest, but would you really want to? Certainly when the only thing that still exist from an airline is their frequent flyer program and cookies it's not quite the same airline.
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
I thought about it because I have been flying UA much more than F9. I feel that I get more bang for my buck with UA.. For the lowest status you can reach on UA, Premier, you get free E+, free bags, priority boarding and security, free upgrades, and other opportunities.

I've been Summit for seven years, and just don't see a point in keeping the status... I don't fly Midwest, so it wouldn't matter to me if I got some extra miles... I already have a ton to burn..
I see no reason to fly Frontier when the miles on United would do you so much more good. With the amount of miles you have now you could easily book tickets to Europe or Asia, provided they were with United of course. I've heard Continental is doing status matching, maybe you should see if that includes Frontier and then you'd be a Star Alliance elite. Seems worthwhile to me.