FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Instant Platinum & Fasttrack to Diamond - through 12/31/10 (DISC 5/14/10)
Old Feb 23, 2010, 5:59 am
LetsPlayTwo

Programs: AA EXP,CO Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Starwoods Gold
A question regarding this promotion

Hi Everyone

I'm a LONG time lurker and before I ask my question, I want to thank all of the Flyertalk community for all you've done to make my leisure travel so much more enjoyable. Without Flyertalk, I doubt I'd have any status in any program. So thanks to you all!!

My question has to do with the this Instant Platinum status offer. I'm a Gold and have been for 10 years or so. I called yesterday to register for the 180 day trial offer. My understanding is that I would enjoy Platinum status for that period. Yet when I logged in to my account today, it still shows my status is Gold. Should I be concerned? How will any Hyatt I stay at in the 180 days know I am Platinum? Do they see something on my record that is not visible to the general public? I have a five night stay at a Hyatt Resort next month and am particularly concerned that i have the internet access that Platinum status offers.

Thanks again!!