FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A nice thank you from AA arrived today 20,000 miles
Old Jun 12, 2001, 1:19 pm
askworldtraveler

A nice thank you from AA arrived today 20,000 miles

I joined the Aadvantage program day 1 when it opened. I recieved a letter dated June 4th that reads as follows: Twenty years ago, American Airlines decided to test an innovative loyalty program designed specifically to reward its most valuable passengers. Today, thanks to Aadvantage members like you, Aadvantage is celebrating its 20th anniversary. What started as a temporary promotion, is now the largest airline loyality program in the world with more ways to earn and use mileage than any other program. ______, because you have been with us since the beginning, we'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support. Included with this letter is a voucher for 20,000 Aadvantage miles. Please accept it with our sincere thanks and gratitude for the past twenty years. Best regards, Bruce Chemel, President Aadvantage Marketing Programs
Note: For more information on special anniversary offers, watch your Aadvantage newsltter or log on to www.aa.com

Few thoughts and comments....Nice gift - anyone recieve anything different? First time I've seen Bruce Chemel's name in a letter to me. The 20,000 mile certificate while 'not transferable" has the Awarded to: left blank to be filled in. It expires....12/31/02. I'm wondering why they didn't just add to my account - so much easier!

------------------
Askworldtraveler, EXP,4 million AA miles+++