FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Banff Springs
View Single Post
Old Feb 20, 2010, 12:18 am
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kokinos
Is this rate upgradeable?
We've been down to Banff 25 stays in the past 7 years. Only rate that isn't upgradeable from my experience is Great Rates Great Dates and probably travel agent rates. This is retail coming off website.

The thing we notice with Banff is that the draw to the hotel is low room rates.. they get you on the parking, meals, spa, etc. There is so much to do down there they are trying to draw business to other areas.. i.e. $235 massage, $100 bill for brunch, $80 for supper buffet $32 per night for valet, etc. It all adds up.. I think earlier years without kids, my wife and I would hop in the vehicle and go downtown and get a meal.. nowadays with a 4 year old and 1 1/2 month old, we won't leave the hotel. Kids eat free you know. Great value.. Get on this deal right away.. It is a great deal..

Other deals they've had like buy one night, get one night free, the rates were almost double. This one is a true deal, and lasts only until Feb 24, 2010. Get on it right away!

If you want an even better deal.. go Escape to Willowstream. Posted rate is from $539 per night, but its like mid $400s to start.. Incredible deal considering 2 massages, breakfast, self parking, gratuities, and room is included within the rate. Upgradeable. Our family has stayed already 3 times (12 nights on 3 stays) on this deal, and the spa is a big draw for us!

Last edited by Ancien Maestro; Feb 20, 2010 at 12:34 am