FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CX, SQ A380, DL in Business
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2010, 4:35 pm
exc3ll

Programs: AA EXP
KUL-SIN-NRT

Flight from KUL to SIN was quick. Some nasty sandwiches were served! The flight attendant made up for the flight though. She was genuine and enthusiastic. I will definitely consider flying MH on a long haul flight one day.

First time in SilverKris Business Lounge at Changi Airport. I was absolutely impressed with the lounge and the offerings. The design is contemporary and classy. It was pretty busy when I got there and it got even worse when I left. Plenty of food and booze throughout the lounge. I took a shower an hour before my flight to freshen up. The shower was nice enough. When I got out, there was already a long shower line.

I rushed to the gate filled with excitement! My first A380! Saw the whale parked at the gate, waltzed in to the upper deck and I knew I was in for a ride! The interior was beautiful, SQ did an amazing job fitting this aircraft. I was seated on 12A. The seat itself is just humongous, best Business seat in the sky as of today. I was able to sleep comfortably for a few hours in bed mode.

Pre-departure Champagne

Few Shots of interior and the seat

Video controller

Late supper

Book the Cook

Service was great. It could be slow at times but mostly efficient and friendly. After my meal and few glasses of champagne and singapore slings, the flight attendant offered to turn my seat into bed mode. I slept for about 3 hours and woke up to the smell of breakfast. I wasn't that hungry but the look of the Japanese meal was just too good to pass. The Japanese meal was very nicely presented.

Japanese Meal

My first experience with the Whale ended too quickly. I wish the plane would keep going! The plane is definitely quieter than most planes I have been on. I wish I had taken the time to walk around and explore the different cabins, but I was simply too tired and lazy to leave my seat. I can't wait to get back on the A380. What a treat!

Last edited by exc3ll; Feb 19, 2010 at 4:46 pm