FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A random personal question...
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2001, 1:16 pm
crimson skies

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by doc:
Again, as noted above, I largely agree with Nick.

Much is essentially somewhat, if not entirely, discretionary - and the only really and truly difficult travel time for me is/was with missing children, especially during the first year.

There are both good and bad aspects of almost everything. My strategy is simply to focus on the good and downplay the bad. Yet travel is mostly quite good, IMHO, and while I do not love it as some truly do, I generally do not mind it at all!

There also was a Wall Street Journal article on basically this topic just over a year ago.

As fashionable as it is to complain about business travel- and when was the last time you sat next to somebody on a plane who didn't say they hated traveling for work? - all the grumbling masks a well-kept secret of business travel: For a significant number of workers, getaways on the corporate credit card are a sort of illicit indulgence.
As much as parents miss their families when they're gone, they admit to cherishing the perks, whether it's three hours of uninterrupted reading on the airplane or room-service breakfast at a time when they usually are scurrying to get kids ready for school.

</font>
Doc, I'm sort of new to this board and not sure of your occupation. But for sure I am very curious in light of the fact that if numbers are correct you average almost 27 posts per day, more than one per hour since you started.

Normally I would say "get a life", but if there are extenuating circumstances that allow you the freedom to surf the various web sites on such a liberal schedule what are they? I don't mean to seem arrogant in my inquiry, but I am curious. Thanks