FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Updated Account at a Glance- Now includes Total Membership Nights
Old Feb 19, 2010, 7:08 am
ttusqrl

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
Originally Posted by adammarcw
I only got to control which hotel I got to stay in about two years ago, or I would have more.
when i hit 150 this year should I try for *wood or hilton status?
Maybe swing back into marriott for megabonus times?
I think the nights only roll over one year, and Marriott said rollover will be back for 2010 i think, so if i clear platinum till the end of 2012 by june think it's worth seeing what else is out there? I probably wont, but would consider it.

I am tired of not having conditioner in the bathroom, and I don't think any other hotel does that. Also there has been a few vacation spots i have looked in counties marriott doesn't do biz or have any partners. Most of Scandinavia and Iceland come to mind, and as nice as the courtyard is in ginza it would be nice to have some options in tokyo again. I stayed at the ritz and it was amazing, but did it burn some points.
I just switched to SPG. I made platinum at MR again this year, but after doing all of my honeymoon planning (and it still continues), I'm realizing that Marriott just doesn't cut it overseas. Don't get me wrong, they have hotels in most big cities and they are amazing in the US, but exotic locations not so much.

Stayed at a Westin this week and the level of service compared to a FS Marriott or Ren is remarkable. IMHO, it's a shame that I made the switch. I was loyal to MR for years and never even considered going over. I guess everyone has a tipping point.