FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nut-free zone ordered on Air Canada
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:01 pm
morphius909

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Pets have every right to be in the passenger cabin, if they're in an approved carrier and not disturbing others. I'd rather have someone's cute little doggie sitting beside me than someone's child anywhere near me or some of the smelly, farting, burping gasbags I've had to sit near. Some of my favorite flights were made so by the presence of a charming little dog, and I encouraged the owner to place the bag on their lap during cruise and let little muffin poke its head out.

I'd rather see children put in an approved carrier and placed under the seat.

So let me get this straight - first the government orders the airlines to provide, free of charge, an extra seat to accomadate grossly obese customers, and now they are banning the presence of nuts?

If someone tried to pull a stunt like this down here, they'd be laughed at. US airlines already have a policy to deal with this: if you can't fit in your own seat, you BUY an extra seat or don't fly. If you can't tolerate the presence of nuts, perfurme, animals or other 'scents' around you, there is always Netjets....or a 'Staycation'.
I'd rather see YOU put in an approved carrier and placed under the seat

I have no problems with Pets in approved carry on bag stowed UNDERNEATH in the cargo hold.