FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Impact of AA clearing upgrades later than in the past
Old Feb 15, 2010, 1:12 pm
Fornebufox

Programs: AA LT G (1MM);DL G, UA GM
Originally Posted by SFO777
OK, I'll bite. How so?
I fly mostly TATL and try to use VIPs for the red-eye. If I know I'll be in coach I'll pack comfort items that would normally be provided in J: amenity-kit type items (eyeshades, tissues, socks, etc.), a small pillow, an extra sweater for warmth in the exit row window seat, granola for breakfast. It's not a huge deal but it's just another bit of planning.

I haven't been EXP long enough to have experienced downgrading, dayone. I imagine I would sulk and grumble for a bit and then get over it. Pull a sweater out of my suitcase before checking it (yes, I check a bag). Grab an apple from the lounge.

As long I know before leaving home it doesn't really matter whether it's T-10 or T-100. But when the GA shakes her head and says, "There are plenty of seats, I don't know why they made you wait till check-in" it does make me wonder. And yes, I would rather know in advance, it's just one less thing to think about. But wouldn't everyone prefer absolute certainty with their flight plans?