FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Kevin Smith (Silent Bob) and Customer of Size policy
Old Feb 15, 2010, 7:55 am
Cholula
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mritty
I don't believe for a second that he's actually as upset as his podcast and Twitter feed would have us believe. Instead, he hasn't been in the press for a while, since his drugged out buddy stopped making movies with him. And suddenly he has a new movie coming out that he needs to promote. And *shockingly*, he found away to get himself a whole bunch of attention.
Originally Posted by Firewind
5) Boy can he Tweet, and he's really put himself out there, at this point. It doesn't sound like he's ready to stop. And he has an economic imperative, as cited above. Perhaps an apology from Mr. Kelly, or even Mr. Kelleher, is his ransom. PR is vastly more valuable than any monetary compensation in his realm. If this issue has media legs (lucky for some it occurred during a star-crossed Olympics and a three-day weekend) it could become apocryphal about dueling Tweeters.

Ding, Ding, Ding....We have a winner here IMO.

Before this morning I'd never heard of Kevin Smith and/or his new movie which is just being released.

And now I'm painfully aware of both since it's headline news.

I'm not saying that WN was justified in throwing him off the plane or that he shouldn't complain loudly over this.

But it's a PR coup in my opinion and I'm having a hard time in developing any sympathy for him.