FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Hong Kong Master Thread (closed for renovation until 2022)
Old Feb 15, 2010, 5:38 am
Chinatrvl

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
I'm completely new at this so please be kind!

I joined the AMB club a few months ago and last night made an online booking for a Superior Contemporary Harbour View room at the end of this month. In hindsight, I think I should have booked a deluxe room so I could use the voucher to upgrade to a Junior Suite.

I called Intercontinental reservations this morning to see if I could pay the extra for a Deluxe room and was told that "you've already been upgraded to a Deluxe because of your status" (I have no other status with IHG).

Does this mean that I don't have to use the voucher if I'm happy with the deluxe room (I realise I won't get the BOGOF) and, if I do use the voucher, will that now put me in a junior suite?

EDIT: I've now received an additional reservation confirmation e-mail showing that my room is a Deluxe at the same rate I selected for the Superior room. I'm confused!
May I ask what voucher you are talking about?

You can use the BOGO (so far) for all bookings (on weekends) except suite bookings. When you book a "room" and get upgraded to a suite, you can still use the BOGO.

Your Ambassador status will always give you a 1-level upgrade. In HKGs case, from superior to deluxe harbour view, or deluxe harbour view to (partial) harbour view junior suite, respectively.

I would stick to your original booking in your case. - Just my opinion