FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using my US iphone in UK but not for calls...
Old Feb 14, 2010, 10:16 pm
mcubed

Originally Posted by wco81
If you have a Wifi connection and it asks you permission to use your current location (may have trouble getting a GPS signal indoors), then yeah it should work.
Thank you! That's what I've been trying to figure out.

If it does work, there should not be any kind of charges on my bill when I get home, right?

Originally Posted by wco81
Is the London A-Z app. some kind of a travel or city guide with listings of restaurants and so on? Well a lot of free, small apps. need a connection to pull data over the Internet.
I did have to pay $9.99 for it and I believe it is the digital version of the London A-Z guide (an intensive London map and city guide) that also has the capability of using your location to help you locate places. I just downloaded it tonight and was pretty excited about the possibility of using the location feature (I have a hopeless lack of innate sense of direction). If I can't use it I'll be fine with just using their maps. I can also always pop into free WiFi spots if necessary to use the location tool.

I have a London Tube app and the Metro app (I used this on my Palm a few years back) which I know I can use and are great. I highly recommend them if you ever head to London!

Thanks again for your answers!