FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Questionaire to improve Conventional Luggage
Old Feb 12, 2010, 9:37 pm
Tutu

Programs: HH Diamond, US Airways Platinum
Would you like to have a durable luggage that can tell you how much weight you are loading into your bag on a convenient display?

No. I don’t do enough International that this would be of benefit. On my US flights (all carry on) I have never been questioned on weight, just size.

*Would you be willing to pay extra to have a bag that follows you or one that can detect when you are walking away from it and alerts you?

No…I don’t leave my carry on luggage unattended. Well…..I take that back, only when going through security. Maybe one that alerts when going thru security and TSA takes my bag for additional screening.

*Is the current luggage not durable enough?

I don’t seem to have a problem with durability for my carry on. I get tired of my luggage before it wears out. Checked luggage it another story.

*Is conventional luggage just too bulky?

Not so much the bulk but the weight. I love my TravelPro Crew 5 22 inch carry on. But I stopped using it because it weighed about 12 lbs. empty. Switched to a Eagle Creek Hovercraft because of the lighter weight. It doesn’t pack as well, but so much easier to lift into the overhead bin, amazing how a few pounds makes such a difference.

*Is luggage too expensive? Would you be willing to lose some aesthetic features to reduce the cost?

This is difficult to answer. I have tried to get the luggage I want when on sale, etc. I care more about the weight, ease of packing and features of the bag than the aesthetic features. But cost needs to be considered.

*Are none of the things listed above an issue? Do you think that the current market of luggage satisfies all your needs?

I seem to always be looking for a “perfect” bag. I have decided it is not possible. As a female who travels for work I always struggle as I prefer to do all carry on. I need wheels to pull it in airports.

*Also, if you are willing to let us know how often and in what capacity you travel, this information would be appreciated.

I travel on average of 2 to 3 trips per month.