FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Poinsett, Greenville, SC [Master Thread]
Old Feb 12, 2010, 5:04 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This is one of the more interesting Westins. I stayed here about eight months ago and was upgraded to a large suite, although its living room didn't have any windows. I also avoided the valet parking. Greenville is a cute town, dog-friendly, very interesting and walkable. No pool in the hotel and sometimes its restaurant is closed. The bartender sent me to a wonderful foodie place for dinner, on the same side of the main street as the hotel, about three blocks beyond the river.

The elevators in this hotel were a mess; expect long waits and crowded ones when they finally arrive. To make it worse, you take one elevator from the entrance to the lobby and then use another elevator bank to access the floors with rooms, although the elevators are positioned in the lobby in a way that the separate elevators do not enhance security. These are old slow elevators and there seems to be no service elevator for luggage from the entrance to the lobby. As a result, it took me a very long time to check in and get to my room on a Saturday afternoon.