FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How my trip changed in a blink of the eye
Old Feb 12, 2010, 4:45 am
ONLY_no_One
Suspended

Programs: confidential
It is never pleasant to hear about a fellow member of the online community being down with a serious medical condition and should be applauded for even taking the time to type out a detailed report. And to make it a bit funny too.

There was a question about prices of medical treatment in singapore. There is no doubt, it is expensive. At least when you compare it to other asian countries like bangkok and Malaysia or south america. You are essentially paying for the brand name.

I suspect the op must have done his/her homework before checking into Raffles hospital. I'm not sure about present time but it is the medical provider for singapore airlines at one time, to my understanding.

Its considered expensive for locals and those whose HMO/insurance doesn't have an agreement with.

Prices for common surgeries at public hospitals are listed online but not private hospitals like Mouth Elizabeth or Raffles Hospital. The former is known to have rich clientele and "businessmen" doctors that charge an arm and a leg.

Most people normally depend on their credit cards for travel insurance but if you are based on long term assignments and you need extra cover, there are lots from Bupa,Blue cross etc...