FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The US/DL LGA slot swap [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Feb 10, 2010, 12:32 pm
adstockton

Programs: DL DM, reformed UA 1K
Originally Posted by T/BE20/G
Of course they could, but that doesn't mean that LGA-PHL is a market better left to Amtrak, as the post I replied to said. Of course, that's irrelevant to this discussion, as USAirways isn't claiming that they would love to be able to fly to other places from LGA if only they had the slots.

Additionally, these flights don't really "add" to the congestion at LGA... if they weren't flown, the slots would still be used for other flights, whether by US or by some other carrier, and the level of flying and level of congestion would be the same.
Really? You don't think hourly 319/320 service would connect the PHL hub to NYC? People wouldn't be willing to wait an extra 20 minutes to get on a bigger plane? Honestly, I think US would be more successful on LGA-PHL (meaning increased traffic) if they ran 319/320s 10x per day instead of 22 Dash8/CRJs. I've done the flight a number of times, and every single time heard people comment "Wow, this is the smallest plane I've ever been on." Riding the horridly uncomfortable Dash8/CRJ certainly makes me want to use Amtrak instead, even if it costs me time.