FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Reason NOT to transfer from MilesandMore to Diamond Club
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:27 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by italian7
I checked that taxes seem about the same, but the awards seem a LOT cheaper.
I thought Diamond Club passed on taxes and charges in full so you would pay the same amount when redeeming BMI miles on LH/LX flights as you would as a M&M member redeeming M&M miles.

Originally Posted by Avenarius
The call centre IS that bad. You can be lucky and get a good agent and then it can all be straightforward. But it's just that - luck.
I am a M&M Senator and also hold a Diamond Club account. My main reason for not crediting more miles to DC was what I'd read in this forum about the call centres. Also in my 5 years of M&M membership I only had to contact them once about miles not crediting as expected. I don't credit miles to my DC account as often but I only seem to have c. 60% success rate without intervention.

My one and only experience of redeeming BMI miles was not as traumatic as I had feared and I started crediting miles mainly from non-flying activities to DC to take advantage of one-way awards. But my main FFP is still M&M because I believe in holding a status with the airline you fly regularly and because of soft perks such as op-ups and wait-listing for awards.