FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Brussels, Belgium, CLOSED Jun '14, to reopen as Hilton [Master Thread]
Old Feb 7, 2010, 4:27 pm
SportsTech

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by tagv12
Hi,

I'm a Starwood platinum member and I'm cashing in some of my points for 2 nights in Brussels. Has anyone had any experience with Le Meridian Brussels?

Thanks

Jan
I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past 6 months. As noted below, there was a lot of construction in the area (and in the hotel) last summer which resulted in a temporary entrance and closure of the main lobby. The main lobby is now open (although the plaza between the hotel main entrance and the train station was still under construction as of October).

I like the hotel; it's clean, neat and halfway between the American "oh so contemporary" Meridien style and a European Luxury Collection property. Staff was attentive and friendly, rooms were well maintained and nicely appointed. I was upgraded to a junior suite both times. Will go back; I'm not a lounge person, so don't really care that there isn't one. There are tons of restaurants, coffee and chocolate shops, and sightseeing opportunities within a few minutes walk, and the train station is less than 3 minutes from the front door.