FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hasta la Vista, Lynx
View Single Post
Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:00 pm
BlueHorseShoe2000

Originally Posted by blucys
When will the schedule changes be populated through the travel registration system?

If I go to Orbitz and put in an itinerary for travel from MKE to ABQ leaving May 3 and returning May 10 it still shows as the DEN to ABQ leg being operated by Lynx with a Q400.

I get the same result if I try to book on Midwestairlines.com as well.

Am I missing something here? Will there still be Q400's being flown on these dates, or does the scheduling system need to be updated?
I believe the last of the Q400s are scheduled to leave the fleet in September so it's certainly possible DEN-ABQ will be flown with one of those planes.

As for Lynx in general, no one should be surprised by yesterday's announcement. When Republic announced its plans to acquire Frontier last summer, Bryan Bedford stated that he wasn't to keen on having a turbo prop operation. Then all of the remaining options Frontier had for Q400s were cancelled, leaving a very small fleet of aircraft. As cwe84 mentioned, it was probably very costly and inefficient for Republic to keep these planes and associated infastructure around when there are plenty of E-jets to handle these missions.