FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - long distance one-way with Dollar/Thrifty
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:35 am
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Tuneman1984
Enjoyed reading your story jackal as I've had similar experiences on long-distance road trips (never in a rental however). One question, you said you took everything as far as protection plans, shouldn't either PAC or PEC have legal defence as one of the benefits? It could be that only Protection Plus in Canada has that though. If I do remember correctly you file a claim and it pays up to $300 for legal defence on a moving violation.
In all the literature of PAI/PEC (known as PPP but consisting only of the two aforementioned coverages), I have never seen anything referencing legal defense.

You've got me curious, though, now. Now I'll have to go look it up...and if it applies, see if I've exceeded the statute of limitations!

(Unfortunately, we're out of PAI/PEC brochures. I've asked for more, but we'll see how long before my order is fulfilled...)

Oh, and I think the manager also agreed to waive the underage fee for me, since I bought everything and still brought the car back with no damage, but I can't remember specifically. If so, that helped shave another $75 off, taking a bit more of the sting out.

I've rented from the CLT location three times and have had very pleasant experiences all three times. They run a decent operation there.