FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Westin Josun Seoul, South Korea [Master Thread]
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:04 am
clublounger

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by dina4
Ok, great!
I'm really looking forward to our stay there!

Has anyone used their car service from the airport?
I've contacted them, but haven't heard back yet.

Is it pretty easy to get a cab from the airport. We speak no Korean.

Thanks,
dina
After you leave baggage claim at Incheon, you can find Westin Chosun Hotel staff at a counter. I don't remember which door # it is next to, but it is marked. They can have a car pulled around very quickly for you. Cost is 135,000 Won for the ride to the hotel. Can charge it to your room. THis is what I did 2 weeks ago, as I was anxious to get to the hotel and grab a bite to eat in Myeong Dong before things closed up.

It's a bit steep of a price, but there is NO waiting for the bus, and no stops at other hotels. I have taken the bus many times, and think it is a phenomenal deal. But, to the Westin you are the last stop. From the Westin, you're the last pickup, so you go straight away to the airport.

Personally, I've found that grabbing a cab is my favorite way - the meter runs about 50,000 to 60,000 Won. I usually pay about 80,000 to my favorite cab driver who gave me his cell phone # many years ago. I don't use him on Sunday's, though, which is the day I came in the last time. He rests, with family.

On other topics mentioned above - I found the food in the new lounge, on the top floor, to be the same as what was always offered. Just as good and generous.

The under 14 rule is a refreshing rule to find. It keeps the environment quiet and comfortable.

I love this hotel. Don't forget to visit the gym and baths on the 2nd floor.

Oh, I hate the Hermes hand soap and toiletries. Scent is terrible to me.

Aloha