FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3000 bonus miles for 3-day rental with Avis until 2/28/2013 (updated)
Old Feb 1, 2010, 10:49 am
Evan!

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by wareagle98
OK I have my FF# in the reservation along with the coupon. But as of yet no postings to my DM acct. Also when I return the car I never have the mileage posting on the receipt like you are all stateing. I even went back online and checked the reservation again and they all say that the miles have been posted for this reservation. I emailed them and will let you all know. I wonder if I am at a mysterious non-participating airport location (AUS). Would be nice if they would tell us the airport locations since I could be earning HH points instead. If they come back with a "no soup for you" kind of answer I will ask them to credit my HH account for the reservations instead. Why can't these things be easy :-)
From your post to Avis' ears. Alerting one that the rental location is not participating appears to be very low on Avis' priority list. Why would it? They get your money and then deny the miles based on a stipulation in their T&C. Too bad they don't realize what kind of bad taste that leaves for their customers.