FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asleep at ORD & Missed Connection
View Single Post
Old Jan 29, 2010, 8:52 am
UAL4life

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Originally Posted by Alan6557
After arriving on a my outbound red-eye, without getting much sleep, I fell asleep at the ORD RCC. My connected flight was scheduled to leave 4 hours after I arrived at ORD. When I awoke, I checked the status of my connecting flight on the departure board, and realized that I missed the flight. There was only one later flight to my destination leaving 9 hours later. That flight was oversold.

The agent told me that it would be more expensive to change my original ticket, than to simply purchase the additional 1-way ticket. I ended up booking a OW flight to a different city, near my destination, which required an additional connection. They did note my record so that my return flight would not be canceled because I missed my final segment on the outbound.

I was totally embarassed. I've traveled for many years, and have never missed a connecting flight because I fell asleep. Has anyone had this experience before?
Reminds me of when I flew all the way down to SYD just to end up sleeping through the whole reason I flew down there for! doh! ^
It Happens...