FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:44 pm
Astrophsx

Originally Posted by bowdenj
Well on:

Jun 23, 08, 1:43 am #182 bowdenj
Ordered 1.

I ordered 1 box of $250.00 and starting in the last four weeks or so I've slowly started using them (they've been sitting in my desk drawer at work). All over the place - Wendy's, vending machines (when it works), bagel shop, tips, etc.

I REALLY wish the U.S. Mint went to dollar coins and got rid of dollar bills since it would save money in the long run.
If this is your first order, I applaud you for ordering just one box. Getting your feet wet is always a good idea! There are several bars and pizza places that take cash only in my town. I don't know if they do this to save on the credit card transaction fee or to make money off of their ATM? But I am more than happy to give them a roll or two worth of dollar coins

It looks as if most people are getting their orders canceled after hitting the max, so if you don't mind just doing a box or two a month I think most people who go out often could keep a roll in the car and use them pretty often.

Also, if you are posting about your orders being canceled, we get it already!!! haha The mint is cutting you off after you have ordered your limit. It might be useful if more people posted if they are using the same name/address/credit card instead of just saying you've been cut off. There are short term ways to get around it if it's the credit card, and if it's the address for a small fee you could take care of that as well. But it would be helpful to know what the limiting factor is. Also, I'm happy to see a lot of posts talking about how people are using the coins instead of depositing them all at the bank, glad to know I'm not the only one.