FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEXUS First Time Applications Information and Processing Timelines
Old Jan 24, 2010, 1:41 pm
Mr. Bean

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
thanks again - I was able to schedule an interview at Ft. Erie for today. I'm going to take a print out of a bank statement, too, just in case. Will report back later today.
Back from my interview. I was approved!

The staff were very professional and glad to answer any questions I had. I was encouraged to apply for Global Entry, too.

As for documents, all they looked at were my passport and driver license. They did not ask for the letter, proof of residency, or vehicle registration. According to the staff, the NEXUS card is no longer linked to a vehicle, so you can use any vehicle (e.g., rental cars).

I too was told that the card would arrive in the mail and would have to activate it online before use. Oh well.

I was actually scheduled for an appointment around midday, but I just walked in as the center opened at 8 AM and was accomodated promptly.

EDIT: Also, the NEXUS membership expires on my birthday, but it lasts basically 6 years because I recently had my birthday.

Oh yeah, pics or it didn't happen , so:

Fort Erie CBSA

Stuck in line on the way back

Last edited by Mr. Bean; Jan 24, 2010 at 1:52 pm Reason: oops pics too large