FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is MUC consider an LH hub for stop-over purposes?
Old Jan 24, 2010, 11:00 am
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MikeLaw
It doesn't even matter if they consider it a hub city, because it is a US Airways international destination city, so you qualify either way. It is, in fact, a partner's hub city if you are booked on LH, but you would be permitted the stopover even it was not.
However, the way I've had this interpreted by several agents, in trying to book two different trips is that it has to be a US Airways international destination city that you are flying US Airways to or from. In other words, just because US flies there, if you're not flying US through there, it does not count for an eligible stopover. The agents who quoted me the details of the rule were very specific on this point. Of course the agent one gets on a given call may or may not interpret it that way, but it was quite an obstacle for me.

In this case, I think the OP is better using the 'MUC is a LH hub' angle. There is no arguing that point, as long as a flight in or out of MUC is on LH, the OP will clearly comply with the rule and should be able to convince any agent (or supervisor, if necessary) that the rule is met.