FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 23, 2010, 8:07 pm
Trustguy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-PLT Pro 1.9 MM, Hyatt-Explorer, Marriott-Gold, Super 8--Formica
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
They are very large rooms with a king bed, large sitting area with two sofas and two chairs, and a large conference (or dining) table with 4-6 chairs. Lots of room to spread out. Plus, the views are great as they are north facing in the South Tower, on the upper floors with floor to ceiling windows. Very open, and bright with lots of light. They have twice the window area of all other rooms because they are twice the width.

The one odd thing is that many of these rooms have balconies, but the doors do not open (they overlook the large 17 story atrium). I am writing this post sitting in one right now. And after the long rainstorms can I say how beautiful the view is right now on a gorgeous and bright sunny SoCal day!

The 1-BR suites are rather small and confining IMHO. The living room where you enter has no windows, so is rather dim. The bedrooms are better with large windows but still feel small. On the lower floors in suites facing the lobby it is a bit strange because in the bedroom you are standing in front of floor to ceiling glass just above the lobby. It's like you are on display in a zoo! Really weird.

I think overall the Conference King rooms are much bigger area wise than the one bedroom suites, by at least 50%. At least it feels that way.

Note: all of these rooms are in the South Tower, where they have has just started on the room renovations. It looks like floor 17 and maybe floor 16 are now "locked off". This will limit availability of these rooms as they are all on the upper floors in the South Tower. I can't wait to see them after they are completed, they will be spectacular! It is also worthwhile to note that you shouldn't be hesitant or concerned about them currently being unrenovated... they are hardly worn and completley fine.
So, one question I have is whether the conference kings have a Disneyland fireworks view. Most, if not all, of the 1 br suites do not have a view of fireworks.

Hotel sells a Disney fireworks view room, BTW.

Last edited by Trustguy; Jan 23, 2010 at 8:12 pm Reason: Fireworks room comment