FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Customs and Immigration at LAX" thread
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:26 am
mgalerians

It's not that easy though. Here's some tips and story behind their successful trip.
1. Actually their TG flight got delayed, and that's when I thought that they were not gonna make it for sure.
2. My parents ran all the way from the gate to the immigration/passport control area and they said they were never this tired. They were among the first passengers in the 747 they flew in to reach the line at passport control.
3. Then the normal process went on. Once they got their 4 huge luggages and passed the customs, it was already about 8.10PM, when their next flight was at 8.53PM (boarding at 8.33PM).
4. The area that was supposed to take my parents' baggages for connecting flight refused to do so as they said they would only take bags 2 hours prior to the the next flight.
5. My parents dragged those luggages out of TBIT and waited for a shuttle bus and got to terminal 7.
6. There was 'NO' premier Check-in line that night!! By the time they reached UA counter it was already 8.40. Eventhough I did online check in, the lady at the counter wouldnt take their bags whatsoever since the baggages would not make it in time to the plane.
7. Luckily I sent my parents 2 cell phones with prepaid sim cards so I could contact them and asked to talk to the lady at the counter. It was already 8.45PM. I almost lost my hope.
8. I said I wouldn't mind if they just issue the boarding pass for my parents and fly their bags with any other flights the following day. She said no.
9. I then asked if there were any seats available the following day, and she said no. I was gonna cry.
10. Then I started begging for her help and she put me on hold. When she was back she said that UA flight was delayed for about 20 minutes.
11. Baggages were checked. My parents got their boarding passes. Ran through TSA. Ran to gate. Made it.
12. All 4 bags made it too.

It's really a miracle. We chanted Nam myoho renge kyo all the way through. And people just wanted to help us

Hope this gives you guys some ideas.

Last edited by mgalerians; Jan 22, 2010 at 10:33 am